17 May 2016

Top Five Books I Picked Up on a Whim

Top Five Books I Picked Up on a Whim

Short but sweet - haven't done this in a while and to be honest I struggled to find five 'on a whim' books. I usually read recommended books, or old books that everyone seems to love. I'm a lazy book finder and sometimes I just reread books I know I liked.
Sometimes I'll pick a book up at a carboot sale, but usually by an author I've already read something by.

Here is my list:

The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson

Picked this gem up at the airport as I had nothing to read on my holibobs. Fell in love from page one, couldn't put it down. A year later the book world exploded with people reading it - I think it was rereleased as YA? Happy to hear that so many other people loved the series as much as I did, and glad that I found the perfect book for my holiday!



The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken

I remember hearing a booktuber gushing about this book so I got the audio book on Audible. I didn't really know much about the book as I usually switch off before the plot can be ruined. Long story short, I didn't actually get round to listening to the audiobook until over a year later but fell in love. One of my fave books of last year.

Mind Games - Teri Terry

I don't remember why I got this book - 2 for 1 at Waterstones? I know there was a reason...


Acid - Emma Pass

I think I was trawling Amazon to see what books I could read next and this one popped up. I must have liked the first couple of paragraphs because I bought it straight away and devoured it.


The Incredible Adam Spark - Alan Bissett

I really loved this book and would highly recommend it. It took me quite a long time of internet searching to find out what this book was called. I borrowed it from the library when I was in college, a very long time before I started using Goodreads, and thought about it every now and again but couldn't remember the name, just the events. Anyway, found it!



Thanks for reading - hoping to be a bit more prepared next week!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I still haven't read a Brandon Sanderson book! I have heard nothing but amazing things about every single one of his books, and I still haven't read one of them. I guess that I'm intimidated by their size, so I really need to pick one up. I'll have to see if my library has one. Great post! :)

    ~Anna @Adventures with a Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Do give them a read because they are so consuming it's a lovely feeling! I've seen his books a couple of times in my local library so you should find some there!
      Aimes x

      Delete