24 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #21




Top Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed



Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

This must have been one of the first vampire books I read because I thought it was the bees knees.
I now know better.
I also think this will be a popular choice for this weeks TTT, so I'm getting it out of the way early.



Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone - Suzanne Collins



 Unpopular opinion - I don't like this book.
Every time I read it I pick it apart and end up ranting about how I could write it better.
I used to love it so much, and still look back through rose tinted specs - but every time I start reading it I lose my mind!



Angelfall - Susan Ee

At the time, I thought this book was really great.
Now that I think back on it, I'm not really sure what I thought made it so amazing. Maybe I will have to read it again and answer my own question



Uglies - Scott Westerfeld

I thought this book was the greatest sci-fi YA book in existence.
And then I read more sci-fi YA... It's still good and I definitely rate it, but its just one of a bunch rather than the standout best. Leading onto..


Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Again, this was the absolute pinnacle of dystopian YA fiction for me.. Until I read more! Still a great book, but I have definitely read better since this book.


A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin


When I first read this book, I absolutely loved it even though it took me ages to read
Now I think it is the most boring book in the entire series. I've read it so many times I've just lost interest. And unfortunately it is the first book in the series and I want to re-read them all again before the next book comes out!!!



Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris

I must be a very hyperbolic person as, yet again, I thought that this was the best supernatural/romance book I'd ever read. I was about 14.


The Lightening Thief - Rick Riordan

When I think about this book I have such a skewed memory of it. For one, I always age Percy up.
That is why I always feel a little bored when I read it - maybe Logan Lerman has ruined the Percy Jackson series for me. I want to re-read this series as I've only read the first five books and I want to read all the spin off series etc, but I can't bring myself to read a book about a 12 year old! Why am I growing up??!?


Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


I have very complicated feelings about this book, and the series in fact. It had so much potential in my eyes and it didn't live up to anything.
I don't know HOW to feel about the book, in truth. It was alright, when I see it on my bookshelf I feel a little bit sad that I couldn't finish the series (because it was so weird and boring)


The 100 - Kass Morgan

I feel indifferent about this book. I loved reading it but I have verbally described this book as 'worth reading, but not that great'. It was a bit something and nothing.


I really struggled this week!

I don't usually change opinions about books - I either love it or hate it and that is that.

I have a terrible habit of thinking every book I read is the best book in the world until I read the next one.

For example, I'm currently reading The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater and it is the best book I've ever read... Only kidding. It is amazing and I have been waiting patiently to read it since the release of Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Absolutely love this series, it's so interesting.

The best thing is living in North Wales and seeing these places that Gansey must have been or, because I love listening to my friend talk, learning about the real Glyndŵr from the mouth of a true Welshman.

More on that later, I'm sure.

Have a great night everyone - we're drawing closer to the bank holiday!!!



1 comment:

  1. I've never felt the need to read the Twilight Saga. Especially after watching one and a half of the movies...I think it's sad how our feeling towards are favorite books change over time. Hopefully more for the better than the worst! ;)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete